Thursday, March 3, 2011

Access Denied!

May I say... I HATE these school laptops! I understand it is a blessing that our school was able to distribute a computer to every student here, but good lord I swear they block EVERYTHING! I also can understand that this is school and we shouldn't be on them to play around, but I mean come on... there are limits to somethings! All to often scholarly websites are blocked will MLIA ( My life is average) is up for students to waste away time on, reading about ninjas and how everything is "epic" (Yes, I just stereotyped a majority of internet users). I am just trying to read an article... about a video game. Again, I'm in school, I should be learning, blah blah.


Switching gears here; I have to work everyday this week... It's only Thursday, meaning I've still got today, Friday & Saturday. My back hurts so bad I feel like my spine is going to give out and shove into my brain. I am also beginning to struggle in both Chemistry & Spanish (Spanish only because I waste time on the computer instead of actually learning and listening to the teacher; much like I am doing at this very moment haha :)). In Chemistry I have a 92 (And I'm unhappy... Excuse me C+ students.). That is an OKAY grade in my book, but I want the A and I want to understand why I am getting this A! I don't get half of what we talk about in there.. The more that I think about it, I hardly get anything I take at all. Geometry, Chemistry, Civics & Spanish. They all feel like classes I'm just sliding by in... I hate it :( I never thought I'd whine about high school, yet here I am. To be frank, it's hard. I have to balance a job, grades, (here comes my mile-long list of extra-curriculars, half of which I CAN'T even be active in...) Student Council (Soph. VP :)) SADD, FBLA, Creative Writing, & Charger Hearts (my own (unsuccessful) committee :D). Maybe that wasn't that long, but I feel like each and every one of them rules my freaking life. I tell myself "Next year, I will lighten up, take easier classes", but I'm not dumb enough to do it, I must impress colleges (COLUMBIA!!!) When is there time for a social life? Never.

Enough whining, but it is hard. That is another problem of mine... I have a bad case of being a Negative Nancy. My own grandmother told me last night that I am always negative. I have a lot of work to do on reinventing myself, because it really is time to change. Anyone want to grab a wrench and help me get this disgusting layer of myself off? Much appreciated!

-Brandon

2 comments:

  1. when i return i AM going to be a freqeunt member of charger hearts. and it's gonna take over the school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gracelyn; you'd be a much better member than I am... haha I'm so slack. Miss youuuuu!!

    ReplyDelete